Realty and Relocating Services
Tailored Transitions understands the physical and emotional demands of beginning a new stage of life. As Senior Real Estate Specialists and Senior Relocation and Transition Specialists, we offer a full menu of real estate and relocation services to streamline the process—relieving your stress and sense of being overwhelmed.
As the pioneer in our industry, Tailored Transitions has created a simple but innovative 3-step approach to meeting the relocation and real estate needs of seniors and their families. We work hand-in-hand with our clients in a personal and caring way. We give direction where needed and coordinate all aspects of the move and home sale from beginning to end.
Our services include real estate sales, downsizing and liquidation, relocating and packing, and unpacking and setting up the new residence. Additionally, with our partnership with Senior Living Placements, we now offer an all-inclusive, friendly, senior living placement experience.
Call us today (408) 564-5963 for a free, no obligation, one-hour consultation. We’ll develop a plan tailored to your individual needs.
Step 1: Planning and Organizing
- Free consultation at your home to discuss your specific transition need.
- Create a timetable for your move and coordinate packing days with you scheduled in 3-4 hour increments.
- Visit your new home, develop a space plan and determine which pieces of furniture will fit and how they will be arranged.
- Room-by-room review of all possessions to determine:
- Which items to keep?
- Which items to sell?
- Which items to give away to friends or family?
- Sorting, tagging and inventory of all belongings.
- Coordination of all arrangements for profitable placement of unwanted items thru:
- estate sale
- charitable donation
- or other venue
- Organize all personal documents.
- Heirloom shipping as necessary to friends and family.
- Professional packing, with loving care, of all possessions in preparation for moving day.
- Scheduling with moving company and other service providers.
- Assist with the time consuming task of making address changes, transferring utilities and forwarding subscriptions.
- Coordinate move in schedules and processes with manager at your new community.
- Arrange for appropriate experts to pack/transport valuable antiques or unique items.
Step 2: Moving Day
- Onsite management of entire moving process from start to finish – from loading at the residence all the way to your new home.
- Final packing of last minute items.
- Unpacking and removal of packing materials.
- Direct movers in furniture placement.
- Make sure all appliances are working.
- Organize rooms.
- Assemble your kitchen, bedroom and bathroom – dishes in the cupboard, clothes hung in the closet, bed(s) neatly made and fresh linens in the bathroom.
- Connect the phone, TV, lamps, Internet, etc.
- Complete walk thru to make sure everything is in its place.
- We handle every detail so when you walk in the door you will feel right at home.
- Personal support for client and/or their family.
Step 3: Preparing and Selling Your Current Home
- Prepare a comprehensive, in-depth market analysis to determine the value of your current residence.
- A SRES® (Senior Real Estate Specialist)- accredited realtor will list your home for sale - this designation guarantees you are in the hands of experts uniquely qualified to assist seniors with these specialized real estate transactions.
- Our real estate team is ranked in the top 5% of all Intero realtors nationwide.
- Help prepare your home to look its best providing:
- Staging assistance, if necessary.
- Hauling, including hazardous waste.
- Shredding of pertinent documents.
- List and sell your home at the highest possible price in the least amount of time.
- Create a customized marketing plan for your home that includes professional photos, Internet outreach, professional flyers, virtual tours, advertisements and other high-end marketing.
- Superior contract negotiation skills to get you the highest amount possible for your home.
- Outstanding customer service with your own team of dedicated experts to make the process easy and stress-free.