Frequently Asked Questions
Tailored Transitions specializes in assisting older adults and their families with the emotional and physical aspects of senior relocation. Our Personal Moving Consultants have backgrounds in gerontology, health care, nursing, project management, real estate, technology, accounting or marketing. What all Tailored Transitions Personal Moving Consultants share, however, is a profound commitment to connecting with older adults and a desire to perform meaningful work.
Tailored Transitions can help with some or all of the following:
- Price, prepare, market and sell your existing home.
- Organizing, sorting and downsizing.
- Customized floor plans.
- Arranging for the profitable disposal of unwanted items through auction, estate sale, buy-out, consignment, donation, or a combination of the above.
- Interviewing, scheduling and overseeing movers.
- Arranging shipments and storage.
- Supervise professional packing.
- Unpacking and setting up the new home.
- Related services, such as cleaning, waste removal, shopping, senior escort, and creating a list/map of nearby services frequently used.
Tailored Transitions Personal Moving Consultants have extensive, practical knowledge about the costs, quality and availability of various local community resources. One call to Tailored Transitions can connect you with services older adults and families need for a seamless, successful transition into your new home.
- Older adults
- Family members
- Bank and trust officers
- Geriatric Care Managers
- Social service providers/social workers
- Senior living communities
- Physicians and allied health providers
- Staging professionals
- Tailored Transitions has significant expertise in resources and approaches that save money, reduce stress and produce quality results.
- Our services are client-centered and personalized to meet the client’s needs and preferences. Families, particularly, need never doubt the power of a Tailored Transitions expert!
- Tailored Transitions carries liability insurance, workers compensation insurance and has over 21 years combined experience including professionalism, exceptional customer service and outstanding commitment to our clients.
- Tailored Transitions Consultants show a commitment to professionalism and to working with older adults through ongoing education.
- Tailored Transitions Consultants adhere to the SRES/NASMM/CRTS Code of Ethics and Standards of Practice.
- Many families are geographically dispersed and adult children are often not able to help with the home sale and moving process due to distance, career and family obligations. For family members living far away, the barriers may be geographic.
- Many seniors have no surviving children, or increasingly, their children are older adults themselves. If illness or death precipitates the move, the family is likely already drained both emotionally and physically. They need help. Tailored Transitions was created to fill these gaps and to facilitate the transition for everyone involved.
- Older adults making a transition to senior housing have usually not moved in 30, 40 or 50 years and need to assistance understanding the real estate market and to downsize considerably. The mental, organizational and physical tasks associated with planning and implementing such a complex move can be overwhelming for the entire family. Seek the help of experienced, licensed, and insured professionals by contacting Tailored Transitions.
- Tailored Transitions provides a multi-faceted approach to the selling and moving process: from preparing and selling your current residence to space planning in your new home and post-move support and advocacy.
- Tailored Transitions minimizes the chaos and stress associated with senior relocation, selling and moving by addressing all aspects of the sale and move process. We are responsible for creating and executing a seamless action plan, customized to your wishes.
- Tailored Transitions pioneered the combination of a Senior Real Estate Specialist and Certified Relocation and Transition Specialist, we offer our expertise as a team ranked in the top 1% in the Bay Area and work closely with a reputable local moving company to complete that aspect of the job.
- With the gentle and expert guidance of a Tailored Transitions Personal Moving Consultant, older adults and families make the key decisions without the emotional and physical distress that can follow. As a result, they avoid the costly mistakes and remorse that often accompany such major lifestyle transitions.
- Tailored Transitions does so much more than simply coordinate the sale of your home, sort, settle and move boxes; with loads of energy, enthusiasm and experience, Tailored Transitions takes the worry (and work!) out of the move process. The client’s job is to simply enjoy his or her new living arrangement.
I am interested in obtaining some help with my mom’s move, but we can do most of the work to save money. Can I still contact Tailored Transitions to do just some of the work?
Yes, Tailored Transitions offers a menu of services from which you can choose and you pay accordingly. The ultimate goal of Tailored Transitions is to ease the stress of the move process for older adults and family members, not add to your concerns.
- By listing your home with the Tailored Transitions team all of our relocation services are available at no additional cost for a home valued at over $500,000. For homes valued at less than $500,000 our services are provided at a substantially lower rate than it would cost to do it on your own.
- It’s virtually impossible to calculate what a specific move might cost, as the fee can vary considerably based upon the services requested.
- Additionally, Tailored Transitions charges their fee on either an hourly basis or can package the cost of the entire job at one price.
- Tailored Transitions will always outline the cost of a job through a written estimate before you are required to submit payment.